Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wonderful Weather Underground

Current Location: Cooper Island Beach Club
Lat/Lon: 18°23.15' N 64°30.9' W
Air Temp: 80°F Sea Temp: 80°F
Weather: Starry Skies

So as you may already know, I LOVE to track the weather, and one of my favorite sites is The Weather Underground. Well, it was annoying to me that the BVIs did not appear on the weather radar page, so I emailed them, and less then a day later, lo and behold, there they are! AWESOME!! Great work guys.

I also like Weather Underground co-founder Dr. Jeff Masters' weather blog. During the tropical season, that and Rob Lightbown's Tropical Discussion pages are invaluable resources. In addition, I rely on the local NOAA forecasts as well as other great Caribbean weather sites such as CaribWX, and WeatherCarib.

Finally, I have always relied upon the Fleet Numerical Meteorology and Oceanography Center (FNMOC) Wave Watch 3 (WW3) models to predict swell events for surfing both back in New York and down here in the Caribbean. In fact, we have some swell heading our way tomorrow, so we are going to try to avoid it since we have guests on board. I hope sometime soon I will get to use my surfboard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment