So, we were in port the other day and sitting in a slip next to a huge megayacht. Of course the grass is always greener on the other side and I found myself thinking about how nice it would be to work on a larger boat. I watched the team of 5 cleaning the upper deck and bow... it's just Sasha and I over here. Then, I looked over and the captain and first mate were at their third floor patio railing looking over (down) at Hypnautic. I actually heard the captain say to his mate "Man, some days I wish I worked on a small sail boat like that one, you know just be able to sail around. But that job's A LOT of work." It made me smile and realize that the grass is always greener, no matter what size boat you're on :)
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Grass is always greener
So, we were in port the other day and sitting in a slip next to a huge megayacht. Of course the grass is always greener on the other side and I found myself thinking about how nice it would be to work on a larger boat. I watched the team of 5 cleaning the upper deck and bow... it's just Sasha and I over here. Then, I looked over and the captain and first mate were at their third floor patio railing looking over (down) at Hypnautic. I actually heard the captain say to his mate "Man, some days I wish I worked on a small sail boat like that one, you know just be able to sail around. But that job's A LOT of work." It made me smile and realize that the grass is always greener, no matter what size boat you're on :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment